No, this isn’t a cute, fun little post about Odette’s Gotcha Day celebration. No, I don’t have any update on Little A to share (come on God I’m begging for those documents in the next 6 days). I am not offering any words of wisdom or opinion on the DRC hoopla that is all abuzz in the adoption community. It’s my blog, and tonight I’m writing for me.
I’m in the mood for a big ol’ pity party for myself, but instead will share a list of a few of my life’s blessings. Cuz, really none of you want to hear this anyway, but I know you really don’t want to listen to me whine.
1. I have this crazy, amazingly cool daughter sound asleep upstairs.
2. I have a home with 4 walls, a roof, electricity, and indoor plumbing.
3. I only have 11 more days of school until summer break. : )
4. I have my health. Seriously people, don’t take that for granted.
5. I have a husband that gets it when I request some me time.
6. I have faith that my grandma is watching over me from above each day.
7. I have less than 2 weeks until the next season of The Bachelorette.
8. I have a full stomach and don’t really know what it feels like to be hungry.
9. I have a Heavenly Father who loves me more than I could even begin to imagine.
10. I have counted my blessings and now I can go to bed.